Guaranteed Ride Home Benefit
Get home safely when plans change
Knowing that even the best-laid plans can change unexpectedly, Go! Vermont created Guaranteed Ride Home, a benefit for bus riders, vanpoolers, and carpoolers. If you face an unforeseen change of plans such as a work-related or family emergency that prevents you from taking the bus or traveling via your carpool, GRH reimburses travel fees up to $70.
Here’s how it works:
- In the event that you cannot travel via your carpool or bus route, use public transportation, a taxi, rental car or CarShare, and pay for it yourself.
- Mail the original receipt(s), this Reimbursement Form, this W-9 Form, and a brief description of the situation to Go Vermont.
One National Life Drive
Montpelier, VT 05633-5001
- You will be reimbursed up to $70 within approximately two weeks of submitting your claim.
Eligible Guaranteed Ride Home Requests Include, but are not limited to:
- Personal or family emergency
- Sudden illness of carpool driver or yourself
- Carpool driver has an emergency
- Mechanical breakdown of carpool vehicle
- Unexpected emergency overtime
Non-Eligible Requests Include, but are not limited to:
- Prearranged appointments or classes
- Scheduled overtime
- Personal errands
If you have questions about the eligibility of a situation not listed here, please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) Go Vermont.